Carbon Fiber Fins (Blades) MANTRA
- 100% IM7 carbon fibre.
- The material used is 100 % Carbon Prepreg produced with hot melt impregnation system, using a micro-toughened tetra-functional epoxy resin.
- 3D-Tech: Proprietary Technology, of CETMA COMPOSITES exclusive know-how, with high pressure, high temperature and high degree of applied vacuum, which lead to a component with 0% void level, without defects, with a uniform matrix/reinforcement ratio across the whole blade.
- FEM Design: MANTRA blades are optimized trough an accurate Design by means of Finite Element Softwares (FEM). The Design trough FEM software allows an optimized distribution of the stiffness, with the aim to obtain a deformation ensuring the maximum hydrodynamic efficiency.
- Signature model: developed in collaboration with the world champion CWT bi fins Michele Giurgola.
- DRS (Dynamic Resonance System) innovative and exclusive CETMA COMPOSITES system. DRS implies that MANTRA blades were designed to reach in resonance in a definite frequency of kick. Resonance phenomenon is well note physical phenomenon characterizing all the structures. Simplifying, when a structure is forced with a frequency close to its natural frequency the amplitude of vibration increase in a very efficiency way (low damping). Operating by distribution of the stiffness along the blade we “tuned” the blades to certain natural frequencies. So when the blade is driven, by kicking, with a certain frequencies range the user feeling is a very low effort with an outrageous thrust. This study is done using a laser vibrometer (LDV) to perform a modal analysis, which helps in a stiffness distribution design of the blade.
- Dimensions: Width 195 mm; Length from the bending angle 742 mm; bending angle 33 degrees.
- Available stiffness: super soft (XS), soft (S), medium (M).
- Colour choice: White, Gold, Magenta.
- Footpocket fitting: CETMA COMPOSITES, Mares and Pathos.
- Water rail: CETMA COMPOSITES Water rails with variable height and high efficiency.
- Warranty: 2 years on carbon parts; 5 years if fitted with CETMA COMPOSITES footpocket.
- Prizes and awards: Italian Champion 2016 CWT bi-fins -92 meters in 2 minutes and 55 seconds.
Footpockets s-WiNG for carbon fiber fins
- Foot on carbon: the new s-WING footpocket by CETMA COMPOSITES enable a longer blade portion under the foot, basically, using CETMA COMPOSITES blades the foot is totally layed on carbon blades. Blade portion under the blade is 60% longer compared conventional blades. This feature improve the load transfer and comfort.Sky-boot like: The design of the new s-WiNG footpockets include several high stiffness bands which are studied to hold the foot completely firm and constrained (from tip to big toe). This feature enable to better transfer the foot driving force reducing almost to zero dissipation due to rubber deformations.
- High stiffness sole: The new s-WiNG footpocket has a stiffened sole, this avoid deformation of footpocket sole under blade load, enabling the use of all kind of blades. The blade pouch stiffness allows the blade to be perfectly constrained and to increase by 30% the efficiency of the any blade Open flow system the new s-WiNG footpocket is designed to canalize the water flow creating a channel beside the foot, this without spars system has been studied to optimize the hydrodynamic efficiency.
- Twinzer system: The new s-WiNG footpocket is designed with two vertical stabilizers which avoid the sideslip motion, also enabling to canalize water in an effective manner.
- Anti-twist System: the front structure of s-WiNG footpocket is designed with a higher stiffness U-shape reinforcement to stabilize the blade thus avoiding rotations in longitudinal axis.
- Comfort: the new s-WiNG footpocket has been designed to maximize comfort by wrapping and following the foot shape of the foot anatomically, this thanks to 7 size available from 35 to 48.
- Hi-efficiency Water rail: CETMA COMPOSITES well known Hi Efficiency water rail minimizes the rubber content to increase the efficiency of the blade thanks to variable height design.
- No Weight material: Material used for s-WiNG footpocket is an innovative rubber blend combining the high elasticity of natural rubber with durability of thermoplastic rubber. The results is a material density of 1.05 (grams/cubic centimeters) which means no weight in the water.